Another ridic good weekend! Allow me to sum it up for you:
- Sunshine and clear blue skies all weekend.
- Great meeting on Saturday with a client I’m building a website for.
- Met up with B on Saturday afternoon and ended up having a couple of beers, which resulted in a bit tipsy. And then we went grocery shopping… How is it that I always end up with that odd combination of activities when I meet B? Haha, good times.
- Started Sunday morning with a long power walk, a killer gym workout, and rounded things off by going for a run like some crazy mad woman on speed.
- My aforementioned exercise gave me the endorphins to super successfully knock one thing after the other off my to do-list. Ah yes.
- My brother texted that he’s back from NYC! Getting to see him tomorrow evening.
- Got an email today about an exciting meeting next week.
- Oh, and you know those little text messages that make you smile. That.
Right, going to get some studying done and then hopping out to meet J for some much needed catching up. Oh, and guess what? The sun is shining today too!
I love public holidays that fall in the middle of the week. I spent the entire day yesterday in a park in the centre of town with happy endorphins from my workout, the sunshine, and clear blue skies pulsating through my body. We popped into Vurma for lunch, and then went back to rolling around on the grass enjoying the sun. My cheeks were pretty warm by the end of the day.
Dinner with J was postponed to next week, so I whipped up a dinner for one and then got the urge to go for a run. Said and done, I went for a nice 8km run as the sun set in front, behind, and above me. I even bumped into a little deer that was so calm I probably could have reached out and touched it.
Right, back to work now!
So just like that. It’s May. And summer is just around the corner. And it’s exactly one month until I’m done with my second year at Uni. And one month until I have one year left to completing my degree.
But that’s all in the future right now.
Today, it’s Wednesday and my project group and I have given ourselves a day off (it’s a holiday in Sweden today). So I’m going to the gym. And I’ve got really hot new gym shoes. And this afternoon I’m meeting a friend. And this evening I’m meeting J for dinner. And it’s sunny outside. And there’s this nervous excited feeling in the air. In me. I love that anything could happen on this particular sunny 1st of May Wednesday.
Friday after a long and demanding day at Uni my group mates and I all headed over to J’s place to sit in the sun with a cool drink. J and her boyfriend even made irish coffees for everyone. Good times.
So, Saturday was fun. I’ve had about 2 hours of sleep after a wild and spontaneous night. Got home at 8am this morning, put my game face on and met mom for breakfast. After some much needed food and catching up, mom (as she commonly does) suggested we go and buy me flowers. Love her.
What have you done this weekend?