Let’s recap 2011
Here’s a little recap of the past year. Cheers to 2011, welcome 2012
Did you do anything this year that you’ve never done before? Yes, I started university.
Did you keep any of your new years resolutions? Don’t usually make any, but I found a list I’d made last year and noticed I’d achieved 9 out of 12.
Did any of your friends become parents this year? My friend Alex had her second baby this year, an adorable little girl.
Which countries did you visit? The US this past summer, to visit my relatives.
Was there anything missing year 2011 that you would like in 2012? More spontaneity, more traveling and experiences, more crazy nights out.
What was your greatest success during 2011? Finally deciding on something to study at University after years of working.
What was your biggest mistake 2011? I don’t regret anything, but as mentioned above 2011 could have contained a little more in the experiences department.
Have you been sick of hurt yourself this year? I’ve had two really bad and long colds, which is very unlike me (I’m rarely sick). I also got a rash around my eye (possibly from my makeup but the doctor’s haven’t figured it out yet).
What was your best buy 2011? I think my phone that I just got a couple of weeks ago, a Samsung Galaxy S2.
What did you spend the most money on? My trip to the US.
Was there something that make you especially happy? Seeing my relatives in the US, the Christmas present I got from S, finally renting a place of my own, getting good grades.
Were you happier or sadder this year compared to other years? Happier. And I am so happy to finally be able to say that!
What do you wish you had done more? Partied, travelled.
What do you wish you’d done less? Wasted time on worrying, complaining or being frustrated.
How did you spend Christmas this year? With my mom, sister, brother and my brother’s girlfriend at my mom’s place for dinner and gift opening on Christmas eve.
Did you fall in love this year? Yes and no. I was at several occasions reminded of my special feelings for S. ♥
Your favorite show on TV this year? An idiot abroad with Karl Pilkington.
The best book you read this year? Didn’t have time to read many books other than my course literature this year…
What new music did you discover? Xavier Rudd.
What did you do on your birthday 2011? I was really sick with some kind of flu so I was in bed all day, cooped up with blankets, sweaters and cups of ginger tea. I had to cancel my plans to meet up with friends for drinks. 😦
Is there anything that would have made your year even better? That I got to keep my apartment that I was renting, that I was more content with school, a couple of more trips abroad and more time spent with friends.
What made you feel good 2011? Hanging out with friends, seeing my relatives in the US, relaxing/studying at my new favoritecafé that I discovered this year, working out at the gym.
To sum it all up, this year I:
- Started University.
- Got my own place (albeit temporary).
- Went to the US on vacation to visit my relatives.
- Worked out at the gym regularly all year, loved it and built a bit of muscle.
- Got good grades in school.
- Went to Stockholm Ice (figure skating show) again.
- Bought a new phone (Samsung Galaxy S2)
- Went climbing with my sister.
- Found a new favorite café that I spent many afternoons at.
- Got a new freelance web design job.
- Was in Canada for a couple of days.
- Went to Maine and New Hampshire for the first time ever.
- Had nice long and deep talks with my aunt in the US.
- Did a ton of shopping in the US.
- Went blueberry picking for the first time ever in the US.
- Got to see a spontaneous firework show on the border between Canada and the US.
- Got the most romantic gift I’ve ever received from S for Christmas.
- Went to the Lucia concert in the Globe arena.
Now it’s your turn to sum up your year!