When you’ve had a bad day…
Some days are just… not as good as others. You’re tired, irritated, things are unfair, you’re unlucky or you’re met with problems. Today was one of those days. So what do you do? You take a deep breath (or ten) and recite the quote above. And then you find those good things in the day, even if it’s just one little thing, find it and focus on it.
However tempting it may be to focus on the bad things (and however much they overshadow the few good things in your day) remember that focusing on the bad things won’t give you anything in return whereas focusing on the few good things, will.
My good things today (for obvious reasons I’m not going to mention the bad things):
– I went to the gym this morning, that always makes me feel good.
– It was sunny spring weather and 11C all day.
– I figured out and managed to code (most of) my php assignment for school.
– I got a phone call I’d been waiting for.
– I was “off” from school (didn’t have class today).
What do you do when you’re having a bad day?